ENGAGE YOUR CUSTOMERS AND INCREASE THEIR LOYALTY
Brand your WiFi Hotspot service with your logo, colors and company info, collect customer data and use them for your advertising campaigns, thanks to WiSpot and its powerful WiFi marketing features.
Allow your customers to write certified reviews about your business and your services and to read the best feedbacks written by others.
You are notified every time a user leaves a comment. You can read the reviews in real time by accessing the web control panel, choosing whether to approve or to discard them as you wish. With a single click tou can also share the best feedbacks on your favorite social network, increasing the visibility of your business.
allow your customers to get access through their favorite social networks credentials. Thus, you will collect their profile data (name, surname, age, gender, email address) and use them for your marketing campaigns.
User Data Collection
Would you like to have your customers contact details available and send them coupons, offers and promotions?
Once your users are connected, they’ll no longer have to deal with passwords or pin codes! Forever (or until you decide).
Whether they reconnect 10 minutes after their first login or one month later, (if their account is still valid) users will be automatically online. without any interruption of service.
Make them feel as if they were connected to their home’s wifi!
BLUE TOOTH CAR INSTALLATION
What the Heck Is Bluetooth and Why Should I Care?
Various installations available. Please contact with vehicle Type year model with product model or type before installation request time for reliable installations OR call 252.624.3208
The process of a strong production begins way before the lights and first actor steps on stage: Read below if you are interested in being a part of the magic!
The old adage, there is no Theatre without the Box Office has never been more true. Theatre has to have administrator’s, marketing and promotional professionals and a committed Board of Directors to thrive first and foremost. All members are expected to participate in the ongoing promotions (No Exceptions) This article is directed towards the production and touring of those plays!
- Director – After a Producer i in place one of the most critical aspects of a play production is the director. He/She provides the essential vision and direction of the play. They are tasked with scheduling all rehearsals and making sure the actors know their lines, cues, exits and entrances.
- Stage Manager – is the person charged with running the production after opening night and should be as verse with the production as the director.
- Set Designer – Designs set and in most cases are involved in the construction and logistics.
- Costume Designer – Must work along with the director in determining the costumes of the character to match the period and writers intentions.
- Lights Designer – responsible for placement of lights to slow the actors to be seen and mood and style of the play to be felt.
- Sound Designer – responsible for sound relate to allowing the audience to hear and quality recording.
- Stage Hands – Responsible for the placement of set pieces and props between scenes, loading and unloading of set in venues.